J Head MKV-B Hot-End
The J Head MKV-B is a fantastic machined hot-end designed to easily interface with the most popular RepRap extruders, including Wade's Extuder, Greg Frost's Hinged Accessible Extruder, etc.
After repeated failures with our nichrome wire based hot-end, we collaborated with "Reifsnyderb" to revise his J Head MKI to accept Wade's Extruder. The result was J Head MKII, which has performed flawlessly on our Prusa. The latest MKV-B version adds cooling airflow notches for even greater performance. Assembly of the MKV-B is quick and easy because no nichrome wire is required. And due to its small brass volume and tightly placed 5.6 ohm resistor, MKV-B quickly reaches target extrusion temperature.
J Head MKV-B consists of a solid, machined brass block with a 0.35mm nozzle diameter, PTFE liner and tubing, and precisly placed holes for a thermistor and power resistor. A full review of the J Head can be found here: "Building a RepRap Prusa Mendel".
- J Head MKV-B Hot-End w/0.35mm Nozzle for 3mm filament (PEEK color may vary: black or tan)
- 100k Thermistor, Beta 4066, p/n B57560G104F
- 5W Power Resistor
- Insert power resistor into resistor hole, as pictured. Silicon heat compound is recommended for optimal heat transfer.
- Insert thermistor into thermistor hole. Secure resistor with Kapton Tape.
- Solder resistor and thermistor leads to appropriate wires/connectors as required by your electronics.
- See RepRap J Nozzle Wiki for attachment of assembled MKV-B to extruder.
Suggested Items (Not Included)
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: